Project Manager Finance (STATS)
Implementing diverse projects in transition and developing countries and thus contributing to a “better tomorrow” is our business. With a turnover of EUR 70 million and 150 permanent staff members, we, GOPA Consultants, are one of the leading consulting companies in the field of International Cooperation. For more than 50 years, we have been successfully implementing projects on behalf of national and international institutions; for example, the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ), the Kreditanstalt für Wiederaufbau (KfW) and the European Union (EU). Topics are manifold, ranging from the improvement of education for the young, through public administration reform and the support of democratisation, to measures of climate change adaptation.
GOPA mbH is looking for a Project Manager Finance (m/f/d) to start as soon as possible in our Statistics department in Bad Homburg (near Frankfurt am Main).
As Project Manager Finance, you will be responsible for supporting the financial management of ongoing contracts of the department, using the enterprise resource planning system (ERP) and department financials. This involves cooperation with other service units in the GOPA Group, including our Accounts unit. Besides the work at our headquarters, you will also travel occasionally to support project set-ups, and for backstopping missions on project finances, at our project offices abroad.
- The opportunity to focus on your field of expertise (financial management of development projects worldwide)
- An international working environment and colleagues who enjoy working together, mixing competence with the right amount of humour, and who are looking forward to having you in the team
- The chance to actively contribute towards the future success of the department, and to expand its regional portfolio
- Short communication and decision-making processes, and a living “open doors” culture across all company levels
- Free RMV job ticket
- Job bike
- Our own canteen
- You support the development of financial proposals at the tendering stage
- You ensure the financial project set-up in the project country and at headquarters
- You exchange with clients, beneficiaries, consortium partners and experts during project implementation
- You are responsible for processing invoices sent to the department
- You prepare invoices to the client (including expenditure verification audits)
- You undertake project missions with the aim of assessing project progress and supporting the project team on-site
- You ensure the proper financial closure of projects
- You ensure compliance with project procedures in accordance with GOPA’s and the client’s specifications
- Relevant academic degree (business administration or equivalent), or a commercial training degree with a financial background
- Fluent in business English, and fluent in French
- Relevant experience in the financial and administrative management of (development) projects is required
- Strong analytical skills in budget planning, project implementation and budget monitoring
- High interest in figures and in the constant improvement of department results
- German language skills are an asset
- Sound user knowledge of MS Office package; knowledge of an ERP system is an asset
- Experience in donor procedures and requirements – e.g. EU, World Bank and KfW – is considered as a strong asset
If you have any questions, please contact Kirsten Möhlmann (HR Manager) on 06172930458.
Please send us your complete application documents, including curriculum vitae, motivation letter and references via our online application tool (see link below).