External position (freelance contract)PUBLISHED
Senior Non-key expert Survey Solutions
- GOPA Consultants (Bad Homburg, Germany) is currently implementing the project “Support for the Implementation of Population & Housing Census 2020”. This project provides technical assistant to the Institute of Statistics of Albania (INSTAT) in preparing a new Population and Housing Census (PHC) to be conducted in October 2020. The technical assistance supports INSTAT in carrying out operational activities throughout all phases of the PHC, including the pilot census, the actual PHC and the post-enumeration survey.
- INSTAT has voted for counting all individuals using traditional door-to-door interviews rather than making use of a register-based census. Still, the PHC 2020 brings into play several innovations, most importantly the use of CAPI and geospatial information for data collection, providing further directions for the implementation of the 2030 census as a register-based one.
- The CAPI application for census has been prepared using the software Survey Solutions and will be used for data collection during the pilot census in October 2019. In preparation of its first practical use case, the CAPI application requires some fine-tuning, in particular regarding its server connection and employment of geospatial data.
- We are looking for an IT expert to help INSTAT finalizing the CAPI application and adapting the ICT infrastructure for the pilot census. Furthermore, the same IT expert shall support INSTAT in the period between the pilot census and the main PHC to optimize and finalize the application.
- Fine-tuning of the CAPI application to be used for data collection during the pilot census,
- Support the development of applications to monitor the enumeration (by means of Survey Solutions and proper application),
- Provide technical assistance to INSTAT regarding the server connection of the applications,
- Review and fine-tune territorial identifiers, codes and classifications, validation and checking rules.