Junior Statistician (m / w)
Date: 24 June 2021
GOPA Worldwide Consultants is one of the leading consulting companies in the field of International Cooperation. For more than 50 years, we have been successfully implementing projects on behalf of national and international institutions; for example, the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ), the Kreditanstalt für Wiederaufbau (KfW) and the European Union (EU).
GOPA Luxembourg forms GOPA Statistics together with the STATS department of GOPA Consultants. It is part of the wider GOPA Consulting Group – an independent private consultancy company with activities around the globe – carrying out studies and consultancies in economics, statistics and data science.
We provide technical assistance across the entire range of statistical processes and domains. We help to strengthen institutions through the building up of their statistical as well as management capacity, we assist in developing and implementing methodological and functional standards in official statistics, we design, facilitate and implement statistical and managerial training programs and strategies and support the dialogue between the users and producers of statistics.
GOPA Luxembourg is looking for motivated, dynamic and committed candidate to the following position:
Junior Statistician (m / w)
Upcoming opportunities include permanent contract.
- Collect and interpret data
- Analyse results
- Filter, Sort and Mine data using statistical techniques/methods
- Report the results to the relevant members
- Identify patterns and trends in data sets
- Work alongside teams and the management to establish business needs
- Define new data collection and analysis processes
- Provide technical and financial management of on-going projects; coordinate and monitor the project activities on site, monitor the project progress, ensure the compliance with formal specifications and procedures, supervise and manage project staff and resources, prepare and finalize project reports
- Consult with clients, project partners and consortium partners on a regular basis
- MSc or equivalent in statistics, economic or in a related discipline
- Experience with analytical tools and data modelling methodologies, SAS and Stata knowledge are required
- Experience in data management, creating reports and interpretation of results
- Proven experience working with large, individual-level data sets
- Sound user knowledge of standard MS Office Tools, especially with MS Excel
- Fluency in English and/or French (spoken and written)
- Excellent time management skills, contributing to multiple projects with competing timelines
- Interpersonal, teamwork and communication skills
- Sound drafting capacity
- Prior experience working in a statistical office or consultancy is considered as strong asset
- A dynamic working environment giving priority to team work
- The opportunity to share knowledge
- Multi-cultural environment, different nationalities, English being the official language
You are interested and you would like to join our dynamic team, please send your application letter and CV to:
GOPA Luxembourg S.à r.l.
87 route de Luxembourg, L-7240 Bereldange
Email : email@example.com