Seasonal adjustment is traditionally a key component of the production process of several macroeconomic statistics to which statistical offices and central banks attribute a crucial role. GOPA Luxembourg has been very active in this field for years, also thanks to the strong background of some of its experts and staff. This is confirmed by the fact that some of the GOPA Luxembourg staff has recently been appointed as private experts within the Seasonal Adjustment Center of Excellence led by INSEE.
The forthcoming Eurostat handbook on seasonal adjustment will be edited by our staff and will rely on several contributions drafted by our experts. Recently, GOPA Luxembourg has also started to investigate the complex problems related to the seasonal adjustment of daily and weekly data. In this context, our activity has been presented at several international conferences: NTTS 2017, Join Statistical Meeting 2017, Computation and Financial Econometrics 2017, and we are planning to continue disseminating our methodologies and results.
- Large variety of trainings for different level of participants, all of them following the ESS Guidelines on Seasonal Adjustment and based on JDemetra+ tool;
- Specific capacity building to achieve the full independence of our clients in the production utilisation and dissemination of seasonal adjustment data;
- Providing seasonal data to our clients by means of web services technologies upon request;
- Design and implementation of customised, automated processes for the seasonal adjustment of massive data;
- Methodological and technical support;
- Implementation and follow-up of experimental processes of the seasonal adjustment of high frequency data.